Saturday, December 18, 2010

Table of Contents

Chapter 1. Background of Study
Problem Statement
I just submitted my undergraduate thesis yesterday, December 17th 2010, as one of the requirements for graduation. During the thesis-writing process, I felt the desire to write another thesis with the objective to discover a concrete way (or concrete ways) how God wants to use me to bring glory to His name. Therefore, I pray that He would guide me to write my life thesis.

On why it has to be written, it is just me who love to sort out entangled and scattered insights through writing. Through writing, things can be seen clearly and can be sorted out more objectively. Also, I would like to have an archive of the process of discovery, and see how He has guided me along the way.

Before I came to Japan, God gave me a message through these verses:
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Therefore, I am confident that God has a plan for me in the future. But I do not wish to passively wait for things to happen to me. I would like to explore and take actions, while waiting for His revelations. God, please give me wisdom to write the blog posts. Please guide my thought process.

I have a longing in my heart, that hasn't changed over the years. I would like to believe that it is what God planted in my heart, so that it becomes the drive for me to bring glory to Him.
My longing is to inspire people, so that they enjoy lifelong learning process, to strive to be better persons each day. I hope that people in the world can experience God's love, and be deeply moved by how much God loves us. I hope that people will enjoy daily lives, simply because of God's love. I hope that people will have the desire to bring glory to His name through the unique talents that God has granted them. In other words, I hope that people will be passionate to pursue their dreams, regardless their limitations that they have, or the limitations that they perceive to have.

Once a dear friend of me asked me about my dream in May 2009. This is what I wrote in the reply:
If asked "What is your highest goal in life, the ultimate goal that you would like to have?" my heart would answer, I want to inspire people, to empower people. I want more and more people to believe in God, to have confidence in themselves and their abilities, to feel excited to be a better person each day and in pursuing their own dreams".

The year after that, in June 2010, I wrote this to him:
"The dream itself is actually really abstract, as it can be achieved in a lot of different ways. Maybe you can remember when I shared with you last year? If I try to phrase it, it will be: for the people in the world to be empowered and inspired to continue to love on with positive attitude despite all the ups and downs in life, to have the courage to pursue their dreams, and to actually be happy because God loves them and will provide"

I'd love to offer these desires in my heart to God, and for Him to lead the way. God, please guide me and grant me wisdom during research, contemplations, and discussions.

I will implement the conclusion of this thesis, and hope to qualify for graduation from this life. No, I don't mean that I will die :p I just hope to fulfill God's purpose of creating me, and finish my tasks on earth, so that I can have eternal life with Him after death.

Research Objectives
To explore concrete ways in which God can use me to bring glory to Him.

Theoretical Framework
Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.

Hypotheses
No hypotheses, as this will be an exploratory research, and it will be God who reveals the conclusion.

Significance of the Study
The conclusion of this thesis will show me the way how to bring glory to Him, which is the only purpose of my existence on earth.

Scope and Limitations
There is no boundary or limitation, as nothing is impossible with Him.
Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Chapter 2. Review of Literature
The literature is the one to be explored in this blog, in the form of blog posts about different materials.

Chapter 3. Methodology
This research is exploratory, with the guidance of God.
1. I will pray to God and ask for His guidance and wisdom.
2. I would daily read materials, reflect on them, and post them on this blog.
3. I would have exchanges of thoughts and insights with people, and I would be open to see things from various perspectives, in order to gain the real understanding of things.

Chapter 4. Results and Discussions

Chapter 5. Conclusion
God will reveal to me about what to write in this part.

Reference
The Holy Bible

Supervisor
God

No comments:

Post a Comment